Cloud storage (1)
It is a remote storage network, where consumer and enterprises store their data online. It allows quick access to the stored data regardless of location. Cloud storage is responsible for keeping the data maintained, managed, and accessible. It also facilitates the off-site recovery of data by providing means of backup. It uses multi-tenant and highly visualized infrastructure and provides scalable storage reserves to enterprises.
Working of cloud storage
Cloud storage system comprises multipledata servers. A user is connected to a server via the internet. Cloud storage allows the user to send and receive data online from and to each data server. The data of the user is usually reserved in other servers as well. It allows convenient access to data when any of the serversfails and loses data. For instance, a laptop user can save his files in a hard drive as well as cloud storage simultaneously and can get his files easily even if the laptop is stolen. Working of multiple data servers allows web-based interface accessibility to stored data. Cloud storage platform also offers the option of “archive data”. This option is appropriate when a user wants to keep a file, let say financial records, for a long time but does not want quick and frequent access to it.
Types of cloud storage
There three major types of cloud storage.
- Public cloud
It is a multi-tenant storage system that is suitable for unstructured data. Data centers of service providers store the data and spread its storage to multiple continents or regions. Its payment system resembles the standard utility payment system i.e., pay per transaction. Charges depend upon the volume of data and the number of times it is accessed.
- Private cloud
It is an internally hosted storage system and its execution emulates several features of public cloud storage service. It offers secure allocation of data and easy access to it. This service is suitable for users who require more control and customization over their data and need stringent data regulation or protection.
- Hybrid cloud
It is a blend of public cloud and private cloud services and is associated with an orchestration managing system that integrates the two platforms. It offers better deployment and business flexibility options. For instance, an enterprise can store its structured and frequently used files in an on-premises cloud, and archival and unstructured data in the public cloud.
Providers of cloud storage (2)
It is appropriate for the user who wants to store large files for a long time. TheUser can store files and access them from any device. pCloud makes it easy to collaborate and share files. It also offers the files encryption and keeps them confidential.
- It offers SSL/TLS encryption for data security
- With pCloud, a user can manage his data from mobile, desktop, and web
- It stores files’ versions for a specific period
- Photos can be backed up from social media such as Picasa, Instagram, and Facebook.
It offers annual and lifetime payment plans
In annual plans, a user pays $3.99 monthly for 500 GB storage and $7.99 monthly for 2 TB storage
In lifetime plans, a user will pay once$175 and $359 for 500GB and 2TB storage respectively.
It gives encrypted cloud storage services. A user can send any file to anyone. It offers promising collaboration features. A user has his data secured in sync.com.
- For data security, it offers features like
- restricting downloads
- Password insured sharing
- 365-days history
- Advanced share control
- Additional productivity features provided are
- Offline access
- Auto camera upload
- Document previews
- It offers core features of sharing and collaboration, real-time backup, unlimited sharing, access from any site.
- It provides privacy and security through end-to-end encryption, HIPAA compliance, no third-party tracking, PIPEDA compliance, and GDPR compliance.
It offers three payment plans
- Standard; where a user pays $5 per month
- Plus; where a user pays $8 per month
- Advanced; where a user pays $15 per month
It allows convenient use and absolute protection of stored files. It uses a bullet-proof TwoFish algorithm for data encryption.
- Streamlined and modern user interface
- TwoFish Client-side encryption
- Saves versions of files
- Free for 10GB storage
- Monthly plans include
- Lite: $1.67 for 150GB storage
- Pro: $4.17 for 1 TB storage
- Pro Plus : $15 for 5 TB storage
- Annual plans include
- Lite: $19.99 for 150 GB storage
- Pro: $49.99 for 1 TB storage
- Pro Plus: $179.99 for 5TB storage
It is a safe and secure cloud backup system that protects the data. It is used to backup network, external and local drives. This platform has plenty of features that enhance its productivity. It is AWS-based modern technology.
- It uses AWS technology and provides consistent and reliable cloud storage
- With a single click, a user can restore all his data
- It offers military-grade encryption
It provides three-lifetime payment plans
- $39.99 for 1 TB
- $59.99 for 2 TB
- $99.99 for 5 TB
It is appropriate for business as well as personal cloud storage. A user can back up his files without any limitations.
- It allows a user to view and make changes in files from any device
- It does not permit unauthorized access.
- Team folder facilitates the team to work and collaborate remotely.
It offers two payment plans for businesses
- Business Express: $50 per month
- Business standard: $160 per month